Question

Losing sound/picture when rewinding Live TV in Media Center

Dylan Tusler asked on

Using Windows 7 and Media Center, upgraded from Windows Vista.

All other parts of Media Center appear to be functioning as normal.

I can watch Live TV fine, but if I hit the chapter back button to skip back a few seconds, it works for the first couple of clicks, but then the video screen goes black (preview window and timeline still functions at the bottom of the screen.)

If I then wind forward to the current "live" area, picture returns but with no sound. Have to exit Live TV to get sound back.

The machine is only used for Media Center, but also has PowerDVD installed.

Back of the net...
Dylan T
8 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
Azeez N replied on
Hi Dylan Tusler,

Registry disclaimer

Important: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Locate and delete these two registry keys and reboot to fix the issue:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Entry Points\{7e7a8710-9e4a-40a3-824a-7b0baf38abcf}]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Media Center\Extensibility\Applications\{a0cd8951-e5b6-4662-9c9c-d56c5b38ca59}]

Azeez Nadeem - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]
10 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress