If you do not get the error in safe mode then put the computer in clean boot and check if you get the error.
To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows 7 by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. Clean boot will stop any
interference with other third party software on the computer.
Steps to perform clean boot:
1. Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
3. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.
4. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
5. Click OK.
6. When you are prompted, click Restart.
7. After the computer starts, check whether the problem is resolved.