how i can fix, or install antivirus on windows 8?

i installed avast antivirurs on my pc, and he not work prpelly, he coming stoped, and i have no idea how i can fix it. can sobod help me to solve thi's problem or the windows 8 not need a antivirus or avst is not compatible with thi's OS?. plese **** hansen

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2019 Views 3,731 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Are you talking about Windows 8 Developer Preview?  You should probably not be using that program unless you are technically oriented and researching/evaluating the program before it is released to the public as a Beta project.  There is no general support for Windows 8 Developer Preview to my knowledge.

If you are using Windows 8 Developer preview, it has an antivirus program (the NEW Windows Defender last we heard) installed as part of the OS and you would need to disable it if you wish to install Avast; don't think Avast is compatible with Windows 8 Developer Preview and will probably not be compatible until Windows 8 is officially released.  If you are using Win 8 Developer Preview you probably need to stay with the "in-house" antimalware program.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_start/when-is-mse-beta-for-windows-8-developer-ready/07d791ee-4f27-420b-a7e9-4c9dd3a64fdc

If you are using Win 7 (or Vista or XP) then Avast should install with no problem; be sure you don't have any other AV product installed.   For further info see the Avast links provided by SpiritX.

MVP Consumer Security 2014-2016
Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Remove Avast and install Microsoft Security Essentials.

Tom Ferguson

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.