Websites on blocked list are still accessable!

Question Summary Other Windows Live Family Safety issues Which version of Windows Live Family Safety are you using ? Version 2011 (15.4.3502.922) Choose your Operating System version : Windows 7 Additional Details An adult website that is ON the blocked list (and has been on it for some time) is readily accessable. I have not been receiving emailed activity reports (despite having set up several times). Suddenly, my activity reports are being emailed again and to my horror, a blocked site has been visited several times. The activity report has an icon that indicates the site was blocked but when signing on with the kids' user name, I was able to bring up the site. I THOUGHT that by having Family Safety AND listing adult sites that they would be blocked. Upset doesn't even begin to describe my feelings. I"m sure that posting the URL will get my post flagged so I won't bother... but it's free **** movies. I know that nothing is 100% but it's not as if I was depending on the software to discover it was an adult site. THE WEBSITE WAS ON THE BLOCKED LIST! So WHY can we still bring it up!?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi amydeb9697,

What websites are currently not being blocked so we can further investigate on this issue?

The filter might take a few hours to update in some cases so it is advisable that you should leave it for a day and try again and then let us know. To do this, refer to the link below.

Remember to Refresh the Family Safety Filter

Thanks!
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Your answer leads me to believe you didn't read my original post.  It's been on there for nearly a year so I don't understand how leaving it for a day will change anything at all.  
It's not an application.  It's a website.  www.redtube.com  It's been on the blocked list since we set it up.  It never occurred to me to go to the website and see if it actually blocked it because others on the list that I checked (Like youtube. com) are being blocked.  When signed in to an account being monitored by Family Safety, that website comes up and a small box in the corner says "Some content has been blocked".  What content, I don't know because the WHOLE site is available as far as I can tell.  
There was nothing to "refresh".  The website makes it through the software, period.  Actually, this is all a moot point because the software doesn't always work, my kid got an eyeful of **** and I need to find software that WORKS for ALL adult sites, which isn't Family Safety.  I understand all this business about knowing what your kids are doing online and bla bla bla but I can't hang over them every minute so I hoped to find some software to help me out.  If anyone has any suggestions of software, please let me know.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi amydeb9697,

We are currently investigating the issue. We will update the thread once we have received more information about this issue.

Thanks!
Rate this Moderator

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issue!  Sites that have been blocked for a year now have suddenly been available and they are and have been on the blocked list.  My son got several eye fulls!  I am appalled that this has happened too!  I monitor their computer but can't be there 24/7 and was glad that this was there to help out, however, it isn't working now!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same issues with my son on these site and I have not had this program for a year now. I have made him still able to use Facebook to talk to his friends with the Online communication (basic)  setting and I've done so much with the manual blocking/allowing; however none of the sites are being blocked! My son has got an eye full of these sites as well and I even blocked him from looking at anything that is in any way associated or could lead to anything adult related. I even went as far as to only allow him to use Bing on Google Chrome and block all the other well known browsers and search engines but for some reason he is still able access all of it at will. I'm trying to get him to see that women are not viewed as items and are not to be seen in any inappropriate way for his amusement and pleasure. I decided to use this program to help because it was free and easy to use to help a problem he is having but I'm getting frustrated and I'm in shock that something like this is happening to begin with! 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the same issue with that site. I've blocked it manually but it is still showing up on his reports. As well, sites with the word **** IN THE URL aren't being blocked either. Really Microsoft?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The more I look at this issue, and from reading other posts about more innocent sites like Facebook & Twitter, I'm thinking these are showing up from ads. I've looked through my kid's history and those sites aren't there during the times shown in MSFS. It's frustrating especially when I don't want to see the images that I see when I look at these links. Ad links in pages (he mostly runs YouTube on a playlist) shouldn't show up as being accessed or attempts to access them.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The more I look at this issue, and from reading other posts about more innocent sites like Facebook & Twitter, I'm thinking these are showing up from ads. I've looked through my kid's history and those sites aren't there during the times shown in MSFS. It's frustrating especially when I don't want to see the images that I see when I look at these links. Ad links in pages (he mostly runs YouTube on a playlist) shouldn't show up as being accessed or attempts to access them.

So my son is going to the blocked sites as well and instead of blocking access to the sites (it is showing up as blocked on my family account web monitoring) it goes to the site and allows him to see the images to adult sites.  sometimes it won't let him do anything on the site, but the site homepage still shows up and he is able to see the images; defeating the entire purpose of having family safety.  Microsoft, can you please respond and let us know you are working on this (since the last post is from 2013) and or give us a third party option that is bullet proof?  Thank you - father in Portland

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same issue...  adultfriendfinder.com keeps coming through even though we put it on our block list.  We have no children but just do not want this garbage on our computer.  We want to block this stuff on our account (parent) and the guest login.  I also wish there was a feature to disable private browsing...that is so shady and we just have no use for it.  We have trust in each other & both feel that if you have to cover your tracks then you are up to something.  Just our humble opinion.  Someone from Microsoft please HELP on the blocking site issue!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same issue here - I have one site on the blocked list, it is blocked in IE, but not in Chrome. I have created logs, how do I upload them?

Thanks,

Alin

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 30, 2023 Views 1,201 Applies to: