I've white-listed Roblox, but it still won't let my daughter play. It is on your list of children's sites, so there must be a way to allow it.

It is on your list of children's sites, so there must be a way to allow it.  I've tried everything I know to try.  Turning gaming restrictions on/off, etc...  the only way I can get it to work is to completely disable parental controls. 

Please let me know how to work around this. 

Thank you,

Gareth Moore

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hi Gareth,

To help investigate the cause of this issue. Please provide us with the following information:

• Do you have Family Safety installed on your computer?
  • What version of Family Safety are you using? Please make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows Live Family Safety which is Version 2011 Build 15.4.3555.0308. You can download the latest version from this link.
  • You mentioned that the only way you can get it to work is to completely disable parental controls. What are the steps you performed in disabling parental controls?

Thanks!

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

- Yes, Family Safety is installed.

- I just created my Windows Live account and downloaded Family Safety this past weekend, so it's probably safe to assume I have the most recent version.  (I am at work now, & will verify the version tonight @ home.)

- I could only get her successfully logged onto Roblox by removing her username from parental controls on Family Safety settings.

Thanks for your help with this matter,

Gareth

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Gareth,

For us to troubleshoot the issue, please try to reconfigure your PC in Family Safety. This would refresh the connection between your computer and the Family Safety website. Please follow these steps:

1. Sign in to http://fss.live.com using the parent account.
2. On the bottom of the page, click Remove PCs from this list.
3. Click the checkbox for your computer, click Save, then click Remove.
4. Open Windows Live Family Safety on your computer.
5. On the upper-right side of the Family Safety window, click the Get the latest settings from the website icon.
6. After a few seconds, it will show a dialog box saying that there are no monitored accounts on your computer. Click Set up Family Safety. If the dialog box didn't show, just close the client and open it again
7. Sign in again to Windows Live Family Safety using the parent account. 
8. Select the user that you want to monitor.
9. Select the Family Safety member (the one that you have set the settings for Family Safety).
10. Click Save, then click Close.
11. Open Windows Live Family Safety again, then click the Get the latest settings from the website icon on more time.

If the issue still persists, please provide us log files for Windows Live Family Safety. I have sent you a private message for further instructions.

Thanks!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have the same problem. The Roblox player downloads the latest version and tries to run it as a new process from a temp file with a partially randomized name. Windows Family Safety won't allow it to run a process that way and stops it until you grant it permission. Once you grant it permission, the whole things starts over, but since it creates yet a  new temp file (with randomized name)  it has to ask you again, and your are stuck in an endless loop. I cant find a way out of it.

When my son wants to play Roblox, I have to let him run it on my account, which defeats the purpose of family safety.

Is there a viable solution for this problem?

Windows Parental Control pop-up:

Parental Control has blocked this program:

RBX-[random].tmp

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\

Error Message (in Roblox):

Details: CreateProcess

C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\Temp\RBX-[random].tmp failed:

Access to %1 has been restricted by your Administrator by Policy Rule %2

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for participating in this thread. I understand that you want to let your child play the games on Roblox with Family Safety turned on. If the App restrictions is enabled in Family Safety, it will automatically block all programs not included in the allow list. Also, since the Roblox website creates a temporary file, there is no other way to allow it.

The only way for your kid to play games on the website is to disable App restrictions.

Let us know if you have any other inquiries regarding the issue.

Regards.

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 28, 2024 Views 8,711 Applies to: