Question

Q: Is it for real?

I received the following email :
 "Microsoft Corporation® Cardinal Place 80-100 Victoria Street London SW1E 5JL Attn: Winner No: 04, Microsoft Corporation wish to notify all online customers as we celebrates the 36th year anniversary 2012 and also to inform you that you have emerged one of the beneficiary Selected in this ongoing 36th Anniversary Program in conjunction with the Foundation of Software Products (F.P.S.) The Microsoft internet E-mail draw is held periodically and is organized to encourage the use of the Internet and promote computer literacy worldwide. A Cheque will be issued in your name by Microsoft Corporation Board UK (MCSP), you have therefore won the entire sum of ₤950, 000, 00(Nine Hundred And Fifty thousand Great British Pounds Sterling) which consequently won in the 2nd category. 

Contact: Scott Dodds General Manager of Marketing and Operations 
Telephone: +44-703-191-4542 
Fax: +44-700-580-0397 
E-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** 
E-mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***" . 

Is it for real ? Did anyone received a similar one? 

Maria Cimpeanu

Answer

A:

Microsoft Lottery

This looks like a slight variation on the common Microsoft Lottery scam  . Microsoft do not run any such "lottery". Mark it as Junk and delete it. Do not reply.

Please see:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/security/resources/microsoftlottery-whatis.aspx .

Disclaimer: You use my posts & wiki articles entirely at your own risk. I do not work for Microsoft.

Did this resolve your issue?

Sorry this didn't help.

2 people were helped by this reply

progress

Question Info

Views: 8908 Last updated: August 4, 2017 Applies to:
Windows / Other/Unknown / Security & privacy