Can't access "family" in Microsoft Account error please try again later"

I am the parent of our Microsoft family account. Before the latest update, I was able to administrate our childrens access in regards to allowed websites, time restrictions and such. 

Since the latest Update (new UI) I can no longer access our family page. All others (phones, billing etc.) are still working fine. Under Family the website states "Versuchen Sie es später noch einmal" (german) which translates to "please try again later".

I verified the network traffic and https://account.microsoft.com/family/api/roster?_=<longid> throws an Internal Server Error returning the following JSON (erased some IDs though):

{"statusCode":500,"message":"Microsoft.Osgs.Family.Client.FamilyServiceException (0x80004005): Status Code:InternalServerError doesn\u0027t indicate a successful request, Error message: {\r\n  \"error\":{\r\n    \"code\":\"Family.Unknown\",\"message\":\"{\\\"Code\\\":\\\"UserNotFound\\\",\\\"HttpResult\\\":400,\\\"Message\\\":\\\" Details: Invalid puid.\\n Details: Invalid puid.\\n\\nTRACE:\\n\\nException Type: InvalidPassportUserException\\nModule: ABPassportUtil.dll\\nClass: PassportUtilComponent\\nFunction: CheckInvalidPassportUser\\n\\nMessage:  Details: Invalid puid.\\nABCH Exception Code: InvalidPassportUser\\nABCH Exception Type: Client\\n\\nThrown \\\",\\\"ExtendedInfo\\\":[\\\"\\\"]} (InternalErrorCode: GraphStoreError.Unknown, CorrelationID: a4e4a0c6-c9ef-4764-8d69-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, MachineName: XXXXXXXXXXX)\"\r\n  }

Any help would greatly be appreciated, since my former experience with family safety was really great.

Thanks a lot!

|

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern here at the Microsoft Community forum. Sorry, to know that you are facing the issue while accessing Family safety website.

There might be issue with web browser or server which might be causing the issue. Let’s follow these steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to use this link and check if it helps.

https://familysafety.microsoft.com/

Step 2: Please check if you can accessing Family Safety website using different web browser and on another computer. You may also check with another internet connection to see if its issue with your ISP provider.

Step 3: If issue persist, click on this link to check the service status of Family safety is running normally. This will let us know if issue is from our end.

https://status.live.com/detail/fss 

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance, let us know and will be glad to help.

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi John,

thanks for your advice. I tried 1 and 2 with the same result:

Try again later Sorry, there’s something temporarily wrong with this site. While we fix the problem, you may find these links helpful:

Step Three shows a green checkmark so nothing there. I fear that some data in my Family Setting smight be corrupt and thus causes the webservice to generate the error message.

Is there a way to reset all Family Settings (removing all accounts) and recreating it from scratch?

Thanks again,

Alex

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 29, 2020 Views 235 Applies to: