Cannot install security software 1603,0,0x000 errors

For the last 3 weeks I have been trying to install Trend Micro Internet Security software. Initially the 1603 error came out of my attempt to upgrade from my 3.51 version to the current version 5. Trend Micro's software uninstalled my old version then  threw out a 1603 error when trying to install the latest version. I have tried this site and had extensive remote support from Trend Micro. The latest attempt to rectify the problem failed after 2 1/2 hours of remote support from Hungary and about 5 attempts to deep clean my windows registry and re install my security software.Their developers (Tren Micro) have come to the conclusion that the fault lies with windows installation software on my pc. Even though I have run sfc /scannow and no errors have been found, I cannot get any security software at all to install not just Trend Micro's.

As I briefly mentioned earlier I have done all the things that one has to do with regard to cleaning out temp directories and registry entries which is the first stage of trying to deal with such problems

I need options. Windows is reporting under it's security suite that Trend Micro is installed but not in a format it recognises. This is misleading and does not allow me to effect any clean installs

Any ideas?

Question Info

Last updated July 16, 2018 Views 2,914 Applies to:
Answer
This is just to inform everyone that this issue has now been resolved. Extensive support from Trend Micro resolved it after suspending the system restore facility which I believe was affecting file access permissions. My security software is now installed, up to date and working correctly

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.