Question

Q: Why does system32\cmd.exe pop up window appear?

I deleted the program Wiefixer by going to Control Panel, then Delete or Change Programs.    I get the System 32/cmd.exe pop up window each time I start up my computer.

Hi Marjorie,

Thank you for posting this question on Microsoft Community Forums.

From your description, it appears that the command prompt window open every time you restart the computer, after deleting Wisefixer program.

Let us work together to resolve this issue.

However, please answer this question so that we can resolve this issue.

1.     What exactly is the message shown on the command prompt window?

2.     Which version of Windows operating system is installed on the computer?

Please try these steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Follow this link to learn the version of Windows operating systems running on the computer:

Which Windows operating system am I running?
http://windows.microsoft.com/is-is/windows/which-operating-system

Method 1: Using your favorite search engine, download the Wisefixer Un-installer tool and run it to completely remove all traces of the software.

Disclaimer: Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Method 2: Perform clean boot to check if there is any conflicting software which is causing this issue.

To help troubleshoot error messages and other issues, you can start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." A clean boot helps eliminate software conflictsHere is the link for your reference to perform clean boot.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the KB article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Method 3: Scan for Viruses.

I would suggest you to scan your computer with Microsoft Safety Scanner, which would help to get rid of viruses, spyware, and other malicious software.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free-to-download security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove viruses, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.

Important: While scanning the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, the scanner tries to repair that sector, any data available on that might be lost.

Please get back to us with the results.

If you have any further questions regarding this issue, or Windows operating systems, please contact us on this forum. We are happy to assist.

Regards,

Manasa Sirahatti

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

21 people were helped by this reply

Question Info

Views: 10,358 Last updated: May 24, 2018 Applies to: