How do i enable memory remapping?

I want to know the steps that i would have to follow to enable memory remapping. what i would i have to search in the windows search bar, the run menu, etc.
Answer
Answer

Hi,

- What is the Operating System installed on your computer?

To enable Memory Remapping, I would suggest you to enable it in BIOS and check if it helps.
BIOS - How to Enter the BIOS?
Every computer is different, when you first turn on the computer it should tell you what button to push to enter the BIOS. It's usually one of the following and you must push it within the first 5 seconds: F1 F2 F10 F12 ESC DEL
Once in the BIOS you have to find the menu with memory remapping, it's different on each computer.

Enable the memory remapping feature
Check the BIOS settings to see whether the memory remapping feature is enabled. Memory remapping gives Windows access to more memory. You can enable the memory remapping feature in the BIOS by booting to the system setup. See the User's Guide for your computer for instructions on how to boot to system setup on your computer. The name for the memory remapping feature may be different for different hardware vendors. This can be listed as memory remapping, memory extension, or something similar. Be aware that your computer may not support the memory remapping feature.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.  

For reference:
The usable memory may be less than the installed memory on Windows 7-based computers:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/978610

Hope this information helps.

6 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 30, 2020 Views 50,918 Applies to: