Some websites won't load

Some websites won't load or load partially and will usually just load the title of the website and nothing else and will have a spinning wheel at the top that won't stop for example my website about toronto kitchens. They used to work before on FF but not anymore.

Also, when I click on another link or something like that it will show the full page like it's supposed to for the duration it takes it to switch to the link clicked. I can, for example, (if I'm fast enough) click on another link and then cancel it and I will be able to see the page (really weird stuff).

I read something about Java Script doing this problem so I turned off Java Script and I was able to see some of the sites but needless to say some functionality of the website is lost. It happens on very few websites though but still enough to annoy me. I don't like switching browsers for only 2 or 3 websites.

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with Java Script but wasn't able to figure out what even after reading some of the questions here.

Some folks disable javascript, but the unfortunate truth is that without it, most sites in the world are totally broken.  I would say you certainly need to turn that back on.

Since the problem only impacts FireFox, a great thing you can do to get into working state is to just take a few seconds to reset firefox.

Shawn "Cmdr" Keene | Microsoft MVP - Windows Insider | CmdrKeene.com | tweet: @CmdrKeene
Microsoft MVPs are independent experts offering real-world answers. Learn more at mvp.microsoft.com.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 20, 2020 Views 48 Applies to: