Microsoft Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter driver problem (Error code 31)

My Microsoft Virtual Miniport Adapter is not up to date (It tells me this when I try to connect wirelessly to something and also when I view it in Device Manager, it has a caution sign next to it.) and when I went to install it in Windows update, it failed several times to install so I gave up. Now I keep going to update the driver in device manager but it keeps saying it is up to date, even though it's not! I uninstalled the driver sofware completely and restarted my PC in hopes that it would install new driver software, but it didn't, it just reinstalled the old driver software and it still says the driver software is old and not functioning properly.

By the way I am running WINDOWS 7.

PLEASE HELP! I can't even connect to the internet!

Question Info

Last updated July 14, 2018 Views 278,765 Applies to:
Answer
well you cant uninstall it its a part of windows but you can disable it, at first right clicking and click disable on device manger,but i found a command that disables it to.at first i though it was  the same as above but it actually disables the service and its gone wow first stop it in cmd as admin "netsh wlan stop hostednetwork" no quotes. then stop the service by  typing "netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow" also no quotes IT WORKS WOW TRY IT!!!

98 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer
Many Many Thanks Tyler
This worked straight away:

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

55 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?