Question

Q: How to connect Microsoft 800 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. to my pc

Hello. I have a M/S wireless 800 keyboard and mouse that has always worked fine.  However I have recently had to take my pc for repair and now can't remember how to reconnect the keyboard and mouse . Is there something I should plug into the pc to make it work? If so, what does it look like please,so that I can search for it as I have quite a few computer type bits and pieces ? Thanks for any help you can give.

Hi Rowena,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft Community!

After going through your description, it appears that you have an issue with Microsoft 800 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse. However, in order to guide you in the right direction; I will need some more information. Please help me by answering the questions mentioned below.

1. Did you reinstall the Windows?

2. Which version of Windows are you using?

I would suggets you to install the wireless Mouse and keyboard driver on your computer and check the issue status.

You can download the driver from the following links.

Wireless Desktop 800.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/d/wireless-desktop-800

Wireless Keyboard 800.
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-ca/d/wireless-keyboard-800

Hope this information is helpful. If the issue still persists, I would request you to reply us with troubleshooting result to assist you further, we’ll be happy to assist you.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. I have a M/S wireless 800 keyboard and mouse that has always worked fine.  However I have recently had to take my pc for repair and now can't remember how to reconnect the keyboard and mouse . Is there something I should plug into the pc to make it work? If so, what does it look like please,so that I can search for it as I have quite a few computer type bits and pieces ? Thanks for any help you can give.

I After reinstalling a fresh version of windows 10 I lost all my applications and had to reinstall them all.

In the process, I lost the Microsoft wireless keyboard 800 software.

I downloaded the keyboard driver but it doesn't recognize my keyboard.

Any suggestions?  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 4,011 Last updated: July 12, 2018 Applies to: