Fixing SM3254AD memory bar, 4gb

I have a SM3254AD memory bar, that I can no longer access.  It shows up on my pc, but does not attach itself to a drive when inserted like my other USB sticks.  I came up once, but then now cannot get it to display the files loaded on it.  Is there a fix for this?.  When I troubleshoot, I get message that says driver is up to date.

Question Info

Last updated February 19, 2020 Views 16,867 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting you query in Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you cannot open the memory card on Windows.

To help you better please answer these questions.

1.      What happens when you try to access the files and folders on the memory bar?

2.      Do you get any specific error message?

3.      Are you able to access the other USB devices on computer?

4.      Have you try to use the memory bar on different computer?

5.      Which Operating System are you working with?

6.      Were there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?

I would suggest you to follow the methods provided to resolve the issue.

Method 1:

Let us open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it fixes the issue automatically. Refer to the article below for steps. If the issue exists move to the methods listed below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2:

You may run the fix that is provided in the link and check. If the fix it doesn’t help then you may try the steps provided.

Tips for solving problems with USB devices

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-USB-devices

Also applies to Windows 7.

Method 3:

Disable and re-enable all the USB controllers.

This lets the controllers recover the USB port from its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

a.     Open Device Manager.

b.     Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note
You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

c.     Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

d.     Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

e.     Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

If you need any further assistance related with the Windows Operating System, please reply and we will be happy to help you.

35 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.