Xbox 360 wireless controller syncing issue Windows 7 x64 controller wont lock on a station 1,2,3,4 wont sync with wireless receiver

Xbox 360 wireless controller syncing issue. Windows 7 x64. Xbox controller-I have found in the supported devices for Windows 7 that states only supports tis product for x32. I have tried old 1.01 drivers and new 1.21 drivers and i cannot get my controller to sync with the receiver. I do notice in the device manager it is listed as Unidentified device. I bebeive this is the driver software for either the controller or the receiver. I have yet to be able to sync the controller w the receiver. I press the button on both devices and the controller light just does circles and never locks into position at a station. I have done many many searches and this is a problem with Windows 7. I am to the point that i have ordered the wired product to see if i can connect and play on my PC this way. Many games are configured for the 360 controller and i have no issue paying for microst support. Alas i can find no resource listed as support for this issue. I cant even spend money with Microsoft for help. I am truly at wits end. yes i have tried disconnecting wireless mouse, uninstalling sorfware drivers and reinstalling, switching usb ports,  I run a custom HP e9150 and have both wireless keyboard and mouse. I have found some folks need to disconnect mouse because of bluetooth issues or conflicts with the drivers?? I AM ALLMOST READY TO CONSULT DR KAVORKIAN AS A LAST RESORT.--HELP..
Answer
Answer

Hi megjdm,

As per my research Xbox 360 wireless controller is compatible with Windows 7 64 bit which can find it HERE. I’d suggest you to connect your Xbox wireless controller to your PC by following the steps mentioned in the article below and check if it resolves your issue.

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/kb.aspx?ID=906947&lcid=1033&category=hardware

For more support assistance regarding Xbox, you can refer to the following link below,

http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/nxe/contactus.aspx

Hope this information helps you.

Regards

Yaaser - Microsoft Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 24, 2018 Views 28,618 Applies to: