Vista Drivers for SideWinder Precision 2 Joystick

Compatibility page shows the product by Microsoft (made in Malasia, Part no. X05-63511)  but with a big "?" which i understand means no one has posted an updated driver that works.  Question: any one out there have a driver that works?

Thanks to Pacesetter for the response.

I did try plug and play and the computer did respond as though it were downloading a driver.

Problem is, it did NOT work.

As to the 2nd suggestion by Pacesetter, I did check the Device Manager to see if i could update the driver, but for the life of me, it is NOT obvious which device may be the one i need to update.  The device is not listed under Sound, video and game controllers, and although i presume that it my be ONE of the Human Interface Devices, I'm hesitant to update them all for fear of ruining any or all that are actually working.

Any further suggestions? (Thanks in advance)

Question Info

Last updated June 18, 2019 Views 10,221 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
try this:
Install a game controller
Applies to all editions of Windows Vista.

Usually, Windows will find and automatically install the necessary drivers when you plug your game controller into your computer.

Plug the game controller into the USB port on the computer. The computer can be turned on when you do this. Windows will recognize the new hardware and set it up to work properly.

Note: Controllers that use game ports (and other ports) are not supported in this version of Windows.

Try this second:

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

1.  Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.‌  If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

2.  In Device Manager, locate the device you want to update, and then double-click the device name.

3.  Click the Driver tab, and then click Update Driver and follow the instructions.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.