Railroad Tycoon 2 on Windows 7 error - setup.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with 64-bit versions of Windows

I am trying to play the game "Railroad Tycoon 2- Gold edition" on my laptop which runs Windows 7. Every time I try to install it, it keeps saying - " The program or feature \??\G:\_setup\setup.exe cannot start or run due to incompatibility with  64-bit versions of Windows"  ......and there is nothing i can seem to do to go around this at all.  Normally with my older games I can at least install them, then just change then setting to be compatible and what not but i can't here. Any help would be great as I would love to play this game, it is one of my favorites and I hate how I can't play it just because computers are better than they were.....if that is so then they should still be able to support games that are 10+ years older than them you know? I can add more info if needed, thanks.

Question Info

Last updated August 16, 2018 Views 25,759 Applies to:
Answer
You would need to contact the manufacturer to see if they have a patch for Windows 7. It would come from the manufactuer and not from Microsoft.

Thanks,

Marilyn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.