Question

Q: Problems with Installing/Running some programs This thread is locked from future replies

So I'm not sure but I may have problems with corrupt OS, or maybe installshield. I am trying to install NavyFIELD, however the program's installShield crashes after a few seconds. Is there any way that I can provide additional information (such as logs) so that I can at least identify my exact problem?

There may be extra info in the event log. Have a look for errors etc in there (noting the time/date of the crash)

Navyfield has this listed at its FAQ:

Q14. Error Codes 1607, 1628, 0xFA4C, 0xF3B2 (InstallShield related)
A: If you receive any of the above error messages please proceed with the following instructions:
1) Perform a thorough removal of your Navy Field client through the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" settings within the Control Panel.
2) Once all NF client files and folders have been removed please download the latest version of InstallShield: http://support.installshield.com/kb/files/Q108158/IsScript7.zip
3) After uncompressing the file please run the enclosed program which will update your version of InstallShield.
4) You should now be able to reinstall Navy Field anew with the latest available full client.

listed here Are they the error/crash codes you are seeing?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are no error messages or nothing. The unpackaging bar in the Installshield completely fills, then I get a Win 7 message asking if the install finished completely (which it does not). I have other games and apps that crash to desktop with no error messages or anything either, however I don't know how to find even logs for it

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I would like to suggest the following support steps...

-SFC /scannow

-System Restore to an earlier date and time.

-Create an alternate user account and verify if the issue is still occuring

-Clean boot to isolate 3rd party interference

-Attempt to install/run the software in safe mode

-If the software is installed, attempt to repair it in Programs and Features

-Perform a Repair Installation of the OS (Back up Data first incase of a failure)

I hope this information is beneficial.

Thank you,

Aaron
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer
Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 336 Last updated: March 25, 2018 Applies to: