Problems installing Far Cry on Vista 64 bit machine

I have a vista 64 bit machine (SP1).  I have "Far Cry". I have plenty of speed, memory and all of that. When I begin the installation process I get the error "run setup32.exe on 32 bit windows, or run setup64.exe on 64 bit windows!". There is no "setup64.exe" on the disc. I have tried running it in XP compatible mode but that doesn't make a difference. I have been to the manufacturers website and they don't seem to have anything that fits this particular issue. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
DJ

Question Info

Last updated May 31, 2018 Views 5,708 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

The error run setup32.exe on 32 bit windows, or run setup64.exe on 64 bit windows is because the setup .exe is not matching with the vista 64 bit operating system.

Probably during the installation of the game, it should be using the setup32.exe file.

I would suggest you to search for the setup64.exe file on the disk.

If you are not able to find, then would suggest replacing the disk. There are several sites and this one is for the manufacturer.

Solution Center for Ubisoft:

http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=12034&p_created=1190670392

Hope this information is helpful.

Let me know if this worked.

All the best!

Thanks and Regards:

Diana D D - Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.