NeverWinter nights game not working in Windows 7

Game not working
Could some1 help me with getting Never winter nights working on windows 7,,The game installs fine,but when i push the play icon the game starts the mouse pointer busy,but then all just stops and doesnt go any further.

Question Info

Last updated March 4, 2019 Views 43,072 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
I have experienced these same problems with NWN although NWN2 plays fine on Windows 7. There is apparently some compatability issue with NWN after hitting play and the spash screen's appearance. I have tried everything except a personal plea to Bioware/Atari technical support to resolve this recurring problem for the many thousands of users frustration. I recently purchased this game (Neverwinter Nights, The Complete Collection) that was released November 16, 2011 and it still has the problems reported above. The developer has been unable or unwilling to issue a new patch to remedy these issues. Hopefully, the Dungeons & Dragons, The Classic Anthology that was released by Atari the same day as the above product will play without any issues. Time will tell as I haven't received it yet. It is currently in shipment. To anyone interested it includes 8 games as well including Baldur's Gate I & II, Tales of the Sword Coast, Icewind Dale I & II, Temple of Elemental Evil, etc.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.