a. Were you able to use that game without any issues earlier on your computer?
b. Any recent changes made on your computer?
c. Do you get any error messages?
1. Check if the issue persists in clean boot state.
Putting your system in clean boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. If yes, you may go ahead and disable or uninstall the same.
Follow the below steps to put your computer in clean boot state:
1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
2. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER to start the System Configuration Utility. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
3. On the General tab, click Selective Startup, and then click to clear the Load startup items check box. (The Use Original Boot.ini check box is unavailable.)
4. On the Services tab, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then click Disable all.
5. Click OK, and then click Restart.
The above steps would put the computer in clean boot state.
Refer the link below for more details on how to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7:
After you’ve finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:
1. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.
2. On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.
3. When you are prompted to restart the computer, click Restart.
2. update your video card driver.
Steps to update video card driver:
a. Click on start button.
b. In the search box type devmgmt.msc and then press enter.
c. Select the video card device and right click on it
d. Now select properties.
e. In the properties window, under Driver tab, click on Update Driver button.
f. After the installing the updates restart the computer.
You may also try downloading and installing latest drivers from manufacture’s website.