Microsoft default games missing

I have genuine Windows 7 Ultimate. From day one the games have been missing. The application/ exe files to the games also have been missing. I tried the games explorer and it is blank. I tried going to Program features and turning on games etc, but no use. I tried copying the games folder from my Vista machine to my new Win 7 machine but it does not load or install. What do I do.  From where can I install the standard default Microsoft games like Hearts, Spider, Solitaire etc.

Answer
Answer

Hey Ashu1811,

Give a try with this:

1.    In the Start Menu, under Accessories, right click on "Command Prompt" to "Run as administrator".

2. At the command prompt type

Start /wait ocsetup InboxGames

This will take several minutes to complete.  Once the command is complete you will return to the command prompt.  This command does not return a message.

You will need to manually reboot the system to complete this method.

2.    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Where-are-my-games

If this doesn’t help,  let’s run SFC scan to find missing or corrupt files that may be causing this issue.

System File Checker (SFC) checks that all Windows 7 system files are where they should be as they were by default and not corrupted, changed, or damaged.

1. Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, right-click Command Prompt, and  select Run as Administrator.

2. Click Continue or supply Administrator credentials if prompted. 

3. In the Command Prompt window type the following, and press Enter:

sfc /scannow

4. You should see the following on-screen message:

Beginning the system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification % complete. 

5. Once the scan has completed, test to see whether the issue that you are experiencing is resolved or not.  

Refer the KB article for more information:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833 

Regards,

Savan – Microsoft Support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 25, 2020 Views 8,213 Applies to: