How do you fix CRC error: The file C:\Program Files\EA Games\Command & Conquer Red Alert(tm) II\RA2\ra2.mix doesnt match the file in the setups .cab file.

While Trying to install Command and Conquer Red Aler 2 the Error above comes up. I have no idea what is causing it. i installed this game on another computer with no issues but on 2 others I get this message. Help! Is there any solution?

Jeff

Question Info

Last updated November 29, 2018 Views 3,653 Applies to:
Answer

Hi jzcontrols,

Welcome to Microsoft Answers! 

First, I suggest you to perform a flat installation of the game and check if the issue persists.

A "flat installation" is a software installation performed from an image that has been copied to a hard drive rather than directly from other installation media, such as a CD-ROM. A flat installation can help with problematic software installations because performing a flat copy (the process of copying the "known good" image to a hard drive) is much easier for the computer than the random access reads required during a normal installation. Performing a flat copy will also allow verification that all files were successfully copied prior to the installation. In a flat installation, the CD-ROM is read prior to the processor-intensive installation.

1. Insert the product CD-ROM into the CD drive. The following example uses a CD drive letter of "S:".
  2. If the product installation CD automatically starts the Installation Wizard, click cancel and then exit.
  3. Copy the contents of the CD onto the Folder in the computer.
  4. Open the folder and check for setup.exe and run the installation procedure.

If the above method does not help contact the EA Games forums for further assistance by visiting the following link:

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/categories/list.page

Regards,

Divya R – Microsoft Support.

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.