Gaming problems between Gamehouse and Vista 64

I have been having installation problems with most of the games from Gamehouse and have been emailing them back and forth.  I finally got on the phone with them and they told me that they don't support vista 64 and I would need a vista compatibility patch for 64 bit.  So I put "vista compatibility patch for 64 bit" in a google search and the first one on the list is the microsoft download center and it's an update for Windows Vista for x64-based systems-KB938194.
  I checked the system requirements and it does support my operating system-Windows Vista home premium 64 bit.  I attempted to install it and up pops this message-"The update does not apply to your system."  I checked all my updates and KB938194 is not on the list so it doesn't look like it's already been installed.  Please help.  Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated March 25, 2018 Views 3,803 Applies to:
Answer
Hello Miss Pugs,

Thank you for posting.

They are assuming that when you download the game it goes to your Desktop like it does in XP.  Vista has its own Download folder where downloads go to.  You will need to run the installer itself in Compatibility mode when you install the game.  You can get to your Downloads folder by clicking on the Start/Orb then selecting your user name.  Once there, you will see the Downloads folder which will contain all of your downloads (unless you change to location of where files download to)

Please remember that this is a temperary fix until Gamehouse releases updates and/or patches for their games.
Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.