Games-abnormal program termination

Hi!:

I play a CD game on my computer that has been working for quite a while until recently when I have been getting a box that appears and says: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime-C:/Program/Taldren/Starfleet Command/Vol. III-abnormal program termination.  How can resolve this issue so my game can operate smoothly without interruption? I tried removing and reinstalling it but that did not work.  If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.
Answer
Answer

Hello Fasttiger8,

Thank you for posting.  I’ve researched you issue and found that is a very old game (2002).  You can try to run the game in compatibility mode for XP and see if this will fix the issue.  Another thing you can try is to use system restore to go back to a time before you started having the problem.  The last option would be to check for any possible updates and /or game patches. 

I’ve included the following information for your convenience.  Please let me know if this helps you.

As of August 2007, Activision has officially ended online support for Starfleet Command III by deactivating the online access servers which allowed gamers to login and access the dynaverse servers. However, the Starfleet Command III community has obtained the access server files. They currently have an access server hosted at Dynaverse.net and is completely independent from Activision.

Since the closure of developer Taldren, many fans of the series as well as ex-Taldren employees have been churning out new patches and mods to make the experience even better.

Using Third Party Software, including hardware drivers can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the use of Third Party Software can be solved. Using Third Party Software is at your own risk.

Zack
Microsoft Answers Support Engineer Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2020 Views 1,347 Applies to: