Q: game installation error 1330 & 1603 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This thread is locked from future replies

hi i'm new to computers. i'm trying to download a game but it gets stuck when its configuring the new software installation then an error pops up stating "error 1330. A file that is required cannot be installed because the cabnit file D:\ has an invalid signature. This may indicate the cabnet file is courrupt. Error 24592 was returned by WinVerifyTrust." after i click okay another error pops up saying "Error: -1603 Fatal error during installation. Consult Windows Installer Help (Msi.chm) or MSDN for mor information." i don't know what Msi.chm is so that didn't help. i've had this installed before but i also uninstalled it. can anyone help?

Hi ret100,

1.    What is the version of Windows installed on the computer?

2.    Which game are you trying to install? Is it using game CD or downloaded file?

3.    Are you able to install all other games and programs on the computer?

4.    Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Method 1

Reregister the installer engine and later try to install the game.

a)   Click Start, click  Run then type cmd in the dialog, and then click  Command Prompt.

b)   At the command prompt, type the following, and then press Enter after each line:

·         MSIExec /unregister

·         MSIExec /regserver

c)    Try to install the game again.

Method 2

Make sure that the Windows Installer service is not set to Disabled.

a)   Click Start Collapse this imageExpand this image, type services.msc in the  Search box or click Run then type  services.msc in the dialog (Windows XP or Windows Server 2003), and then press Enter to open  Services.

b)   Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Properties.

c)    If the Startup type box is set to  Disabled, change it to  Manual.

d)   Click OK to close the Properties window.

e)   Right-click the Windows Installer service, and then click Start. The service should start without errors.

f)    Click the File menu, and then click  Exit.

g)   Try to install the game again.

Refer the below link and try the steps mentioned if you are running Windows XP on the computer, check if it helps.

You receive an "error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation" error message when you try to install a Windows Installer package

Hope this helps!

Halima S   - Microsoft Support.

Visit our  Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

i have windows xp installed, i'm trying to install lego star wars 2 from the cd, i am able to download other games and prograqms, and i have AVG anti-virus free windows firewall and some other things. i tryed both methods but they didnt work. i noticed that theres two different lego star wars 2 installed but it says to open this i have to install it. a few months ago i had the same problem there was two adobe readers one older than the other so ideleated the older one. adobe started working after that so i tryed deleating the older file but it says its a read only file.  
Gareth Evans

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Views: 1,127 Last updated: December 15, 2017 Applies to: