Flight Simulator X not working-help me please :(

My Flight Simulator X is not working- its not saving onto my computer after it installs, so if I shut down and restart and attempt to play it, I can't. Its not saving on my desktop, or in the all programs menu. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no effect, the game plays straight after installing but if I exit the game I can't access it again. We've also tried phoning Philips (our computer is Philips with Vista), who told us to contact Microsoft, but thats been easier said than done, so now i'm asking here :) Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated, Thank You
Answer
Answer

Hi Alice738,

Did you check if the game is compatible with Vista?

Nevertheless, try installing the game in Windows XP SP 2 compatibility mode. To do this follow these steps.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the game in compatibility mode.
Uninstall the game successfully and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

Try to update the video card driver.
To do this follow these steps.
1. Click Start, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
2. On the “Device Manager” window, expand the “Display Adapters” item, right click on the sub item and then click “Update Driver”.
3. Restart the computer once the driver is updated.

Follow the steps given below to run the game in compatibility mode.
Disable the security software running on the computer.
1. Copy the game to the hard drive.
2. Right click on the game setup file, click Properties, click Compatibility tab, under compatibility mode, check mark “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” and select “Windows XP (Service Pack 2)” from the drop down list. Click Apply and then click ok.
3. Under “Privilege level”, click “Run this program as an administrator”, click apply and then click ok.
4. Install the game successfully and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
5. Play the game and check for its functionality.

For more information on running a program in compatibility mode, visit the following links.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931361
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/bf416877-c83f-4476-a3da-8ec98dcf5f101033.mspx

Hope this information is helpful.
Let me know if this worked.
All the best!

Thanks and Regards:
Syed V - Microsoft Support.
Click “Mark As Answer” if the troubleshooting steps fixed the issue.
Visit our
Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 27, 2019 Views 2,260 Applies to: