Error Number : 0x80040702, description: failed to load DLL Gameux Install helper.Set up will now terminate while playing FSX

I had purchased Microsoft Flight Simulator X Gold a few years ago.It is the Acceleration Expansion pack.
.I am having problems uninstalling it. Every time i chose to uninstall it ,a dialogue box opens.
It says "Error Number : 0x80040702, description: failed to load DLL Gameux Install helper.Set up will now terminate "
 I want to play FSX again,but i cannot. I have with me the Product  Keys for activation too.
I deleted all the FSX files,and then trying uninstalling it,
I would be extremely grateful if some one helps me out as i have tried many suggestions but have yet not gotten any positive results.

Original title: FSX Unusual Error

Question Info

Last updated July 20, 2019 Views 25,996 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

1. Clean startup means disabling all the non-Microsoft startup items and services temporarily. This will start your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot."

When you start Windows by using a normal startup, several applications and services start automatically, and then run in the background. These programs include basic system processes, antivirus software, system utility applications, and other software that has been previously installed. These applications and services can cause interference when you install or run a program, such as Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Streets & Trips 2010. Hence, clean startup will not affect your Computer or other applications permanently. It’s the best way to fix most of the common issues in Windows operating systems. You may refer to the following article for more information regarding clean startup:

Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

2. This is for you to be on safer side. The following “For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it.” means this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/  

Hope I’ve answered all your questions.

24 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.