Error: “Insufficient privileges: you must be administrator when you run this application for the first time” when trying to run the Witcher Enhanced Edition game.

Original Title: Trying to run the Witcher Enhanced Edition on Windows 7. can open the launch screen but when I try to launch the game am told I have insufficient privileges

The game is instaled I can get into the screen from which I should launch the game I am the aministaitor but when I press Launch Game I get an "Insufficient privileges: you must be administator when you run this application for the first time." I have read other posts about similer issues but they seem to be about opening programes, moving files, and error messages not launching the game for the first time.

Question Info

Last updated June 20, 2019 Views 24,437 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
The game is instaled I can get into the screen from which I should launch the game I am the aministaitor but when I press Launch Game I get an "Insufficient privileges: you must be administator when you run this application for the first time." I have read other posts about similer issues but they seem to be about opening programes, moving files, and error messages not launching the game for the first time.

Hi CentiumCuspis – Welcome to Microsoft Answers Community.

Right-click the game icon and selectRun as administrator
and bypass UAC and then it shall work.

I hope you find this information useful. If you need any further assistance,
please feel free to contact me and let me know.

I hope this information was helpful…

Have a nice day…

Best regards,
Fisnik

Itknowledge24.com - Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/itknowledge24
Geek
Former Microsoft MVP
Consumer Security
Microsoft Community Contributor

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi CentiumCuspis,

Adding to ITknowledge24’s suggestion:

If running the application as administrator works then you may follow the steps as below.

a. Locate the program’s shortcut icon or the executable file and right click on it.

b. Select properties.

c. Click the Compatibility tab.

d. Under Privilege Level, place a check mark next to “Run this program as an administrator”.

e. Click Apply and then click Ok.

Note: By doing this you do not have to right click and select “Run as Administrator” every time you want to run the application.

Hope this helps. 

Thanks and Regards,
Santosh Y – Microsoft Support

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.