DirectX Issue (Call of Duty Black Ops No Sound)

Well, I bought black ops for the PC and ever since I have had no sound, I've looked into it and found out that it was a directx issue and I know this because in the sound options it doesn't detect my sound device wrong and im not able to change it.  I've literally found hundreds of people saying "DXSETUP in DirectX folder fixes it" or "DirectX End-User Runtime Components on Microsoft Website fixes it!!" so I try both of these out and both of these fail.  The installation, no matter what I do, whether I run in compatibility mode or administrator mode, fails.  The bar never loads, it just stays there for about 20 seconds and then says installation failed.  I've been looking for solutions for 2 weeks now and to no avail... Please help

Question Info

Last updated July 17, 2018 Views 15,831 Applies to:

Hi Will302,

1. Which is the edition of Windows installed on the computer?

Try the following steps (applicable for Vista and Windows 7)
Step 1: Run audio troubleshooter
a. See Diagnose and repair sound playback problems automatically
b. Click Run now button and run the tool successfully.
c. Restart the computer and check the difference.

Step 2: Install the game by disabling all the non Microsoft programs
a. Open the article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
b. From the article, follow "Step 1: Perform a clean boot" Executing these steps will disable all the non-Microsoft programs running on the computer.
c. Restart the computer and check if the game installs fine.
d. From the article, follow "Step 7: Reset the computer to start as usual"

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

well, the thing is, my sound works on everything else but this game, and I know its directly related to the problem i'm having running the installer... when that installer works my sound will work but for some reason, like I said, the installer for Direct X whether it be on the Microsoft Website (for end-user runtime) or in the Direct X black ops folder, fails. The troubleshooting that you gave me didn't work so I'm still having the problem.

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)

Sorry this didn't help.

I have this same problem, my installation for Direct X fails and I don't know why!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Will302,

Try these steps and check the result.
a. Launch the game and minimize it.
b. Click Volume icon on the taskbar and click Mixer.
c. Under Applications, check if the game is listed. If yes, then increase the volume for the game.
d. Maximize the game and check the difference.

Note: Also check if there is any setting available for sound within the game.

See DirectX 11 in Windows 7

Hi dN x Greed,

1. Do you get any error message when the installation fails?

Please provide us more details, so that we can assist you better.

See DirectX 11 in Windows 7

Visit our Microsoft Answers Feedback Forum and let us know what you think.

Sorry this didn't help.

I had installed call of duty black ops 2 in my HP ProBook 4440s with windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and the game worked perfectly. Yesterday I installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I also reinstalled call of duty black ops 2. But when I run the game I don't hear any sound coming. I have installed all essential drivers for this game. I also have working speaker (HP Speakers) and updated driver(HDT audio driver) installed. I tried to change presets in game sound settings but even then I don't get any sound. How can I fix this problem?

I don't get my game listed in mixer when I run the game.

56 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I had installed call of duty black ops 2 in my HP ProBook 4440s with windows 7 ultimate 32 bit and the game worked perfectly. Yesterday I installed windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and I also reinstalled call of duty black ops 2. But when I run the game I don't hear any sound coming. I have installed all essential drivers for this game. I also have working speaker (HP Speakers) and updated driver(HDT audio driver) installed. I tried to change presets in game sound settings but even then I don't get any sound. How can I fix this problem?

I don't get my game listed in mixer when I run the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having this problem too. Windows 10 v1703 with Conexant SmartAudio.

Volume mixer shows no audio is being played by the game(green vertical bar not rising).

Restored all Windows sound settings to default,no joy.

==============================

Please feel free to upvote if you like my reply. Cheers :)

Sorry this didn't help.