Call of Duty 4 modern warfare install Error 1305.Error reading from file E:\Setup\Data\main\video\scoutsniper_load.bik

I recently upgraded from windows XP to windows 7. Everything installed fine. I was going to install COD 4 MW and disk loaded fine and begane to install, but got error message:
Error 1305.Error reading from file
E:\Setup\Data\main\video\scoutsniper_load.bik. Verify that the file exist and you can access it.

The file is on the cd and the cd loads fine and installs fine on my laptop with windows 7 on it. I have tired updating everything but no luck. Keep getting same error code and forced to stop install. Can anyone help me.

Thanks Ryan

Question Info

Last updated July 11, 2018 Views 12,125 Applies to:
Answer

Hi,

Try copying the contents on the hard drive and then try to install and check if it helps.

This problem may occur if any of the following conditions are true:

There is a problem with the CD.
• There is a problem with interfering or conflicting software.
• There is a problem with the connection to the installation point where you are installing (for example, a network drive).
• There is a configuration or hardware problem with your CD-ROM drive.

A) Clean and Examine the CD

If you have problems installing the program from the CD, the CD may be dirty or damaged.

Use a CD-ROM cleaning kit, or gently wipe the silver side of the CD-ROM with a soft, lint-free cotton cloth. Do not use paper. Paper can scratch the

plastic and leave streaks. When you clean the CD-ROM, wipe from the center of the disc outward. Do not use a circular motion.

If the disc still does not perform correctly, clean the disc by using warm water or a CD-ROM cleaning kit. Dry the disc thoroughly and then test the disc again.

B) Put the computer in Clean Boot State

A clean boot helps eliminate software conflicts. The following link has steps showing how to perform clean boot.http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

1) Perform clean boot

i.Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

ii. On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

iii. Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

iv. Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

v. Click OK.

vi. When you are prompted, click Restart.

vii. After the computer starts, then check if you able to install.

Note: Please ensure that the computer is set to start as usual by following the step 7 from the article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 .
Reset the computer to start as usual

After you have finished troubleshooting, follow these steps to reset the computer to start as usual:

i. Click Start, type msconfig.exe in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

ii) On the General tab, click the Normal Startup option, and then click OK.

C) Troubleshoot Your CD-ROM Drive
If you continue to have problems installing the program, there may be a configuration or hardware problem with your CD-ROM drive.

For more information about how to test your CD-ROM drive, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321641/  ) How to troubleshoot issues with reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD discs

Please respond back with the status of the issue and let us know if you have any issues.

Azam – Microsoft Support.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.