WINDOWS 8 RELEASE PREVIEW PRODUCT KEY FROM MICROSOFT NOT WORKING

Please i downloaded windows 8 release preview x86 in .iso format and used the product key provided when i was about to install. but it always says THE PRODUCT KEY IS INVALID.. please i need your help on how to solve this problem... i used this product key TK8TP-9JN6P-7X7WW-RFFTV-B7QPF... i confirmed that i inserted the right product key and still it doesnt work... Please i need our help on what might have gone wrong.. Thanks
|
Answer
Answer

Hi Faruq,

2 things....

download a sha1 hash checker, prefferably one with a gui like Hash Calc from http://www.slavasoft.com/?source=HashCalc.exe, its easier to read and compare and does many other Hash checks as well.

Before you delete the ISO you downloaded, check the Hash on the above check and see if it corresponds to the Hash you downloaded, more than likely not.

Download it again and you will see it matches, it was perhaps just a cache thing that went wrong but the issue does seem to be sorted out.

opening with 7zip wont be an issue, but, from MS download part of the preview you will notice they have a link to IMGburn use it to burn to disk its actually really good.

Cheers

Ben

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
yes you have the wrong download for sure. on the hash just ignore the first two digits theraftet the has begins .

just try and download it again.

sorry for the bad net though

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 29, 2020 Views 4,916 Applies to: