Windows 8 Enterprise Trial corrupts my Windows 7 after installing it on dual-boot

I have a three Partitons [C: 126GB (Windows 7) D: 171GB (Windows 8 RTM Trial) H: 99.9MB (System Reserved)] on my Laptop.

I planned to install Windows 8 in Local Disk D: where my some programs and files inside. I see also a Unknown Folder, when I open it. It says that

I don't have permissions to open it. The folder has a weird All Caps Name. Like a Serial Code. After Uninstalling all programs on my Drive D.

I format it. And I think, This is where the problems starts.

I mount the Windows 8 ISO Installation and run it. And install it on my Partition 2 (Drive D). Wait some few minutes. And Taa-Daa.

My computer restarts. And restarts. and restarts. And then Windows 8 ask me to tweak some basic settings Incl. Personalize, Security, Account. Etc.

And then I use it for an hour. Everything is going so smooth. No problems.

The next day I found an bug in my Windows 8 we're Store ask me to update the Games, News, Finances. Even though I don't have News and Finances

installed?

Meanwhile. I tried to go back to Windows 7 to fetch my files and bring it in my Windows 8. After booting up this what I see:

██████████████████████████WindowsBootLoader███████████████████████████

A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly

or damage, or that might be malicious software from an Unknown source.

If you have a Windows Installation disc, Insert the disc and restart your computer. Click

"Repair your computer" and then choose a recovery tool.

Otherwise, to start Windows so you can investigate further, press the ENTER Key to

display the boot menu, press F8 for Advances Boot Options and select Last Know

Good. If you understand why the digital signature cannot be verified and want to

start Windows without this file, temporarily disable driver signature enforcement.

File : \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Info : The digital Signature for this file couldn't be verified.

ENTER=OSSelection███████████████████████████████████████████████████████

I didn't know what going on. I checked the Windows 7 drive using File Explorer in Windows 8. But the files

are there. The only problem is I can't access it. I want my Windows 7 back. I still need it. Is there any

way to fix this problem without using that installation disk (I didn't have that) and that pressing F8

to access Advanced Boot Options to select Last Know Good. (It didn't work for me)

Please help me get back my Windows 7 without losing my files. Help me please.

Answer
Answer

Hi

The issue you posted would be better suited in the TechNet community. Please visit the link below to find a community that will offer the best support.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-us/w8itproinstall/threads

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 22, 2013 Views 72 Applies to: