How Microsoft can speed up and improve the Metro UI interface in Windows 8?

1. First make Metro UI and/or Classic Start optional.  Each can be turned on a t the same time or you can have one.
  2. Make Metro UI start with Hotkey Shift-Windows and leave Classic Start with the Windows Key.
  3. The metro UI Start is fine
  4. Clock should be seen briefly as you change apps or optionally stay on all the time.
  5. When in most Apps except full screen media Apps optionally keep the left side app switcher stay on, the charm bar stay on and the bottom menu stay on.  Microsoft is forcing everybody to get use to Auto hide when many people don't use it. Media Apps should not have exposed menus unless the operator wants it.  I recommend the F11 key to toggle between full screen. or no menus.
  6. Left task switcher should allow you to pin a few apps you may need to switch to quickly.
  7. MS should acquire or work with  RoboForm and attach it to its internet explorer bottom bar.
  8. OS must be used on netbook in classic mode unless connected to a monitor.
  9. Metro Exchange account does not work on my VPN when Outlook 2010 does.
  10. Metro Email can't be marked with receipts.
  11. Flixter needs a lot of work to catch up with the windows phone version.
  12. When your mouse hovers, little help pop ups should be an option.
  13. Allow multi-monitored PC to have Start on one monitor to have notifications and clock on a different monitor, since the UI hides it.
  14. Photos app will not display photos on local home server or NAS when they can download them off servers on the internet.
  15. I could not get all the stocks to work in the finance app.
  16. I wish more social apps worked with this OS integration, like Google +
  17. I wish the MUI could change the background picture other than the default
  18. Non Microsoft Apps must have live tiles as a standard
  19. The weather app needs to live tile all locations
  20. The problem with contact photos needs to be resolved. Let me add or change missing photos in the app. 
  21. Make a Kinnect for Windows 8

Some things I like about the new OS.:

1. I like messenger
  2. Evernote is good.
  3. Windows-Q Shortcut
  4. The pinning of people and Live tile of there status and photo to Start.
  5. the type search on Metro UI.
  6. I like the app store

I like Windows 8, the Apps and Metro UI.  You just got to wean people off what they are use to. Eventually touch, voice and gesture controlled devices and monitors will be the norm and Windows X.X or Tiles  X.X will be ready.

Question Info

Last updated September 13, 2013 Views 82 Applies to:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjzannAn

I found an interesting cool behavior in Windows CP Metro Remote Desktop App. It's kind of a hidden gem. If Remote Desktop App is open you can snap a local desktop menu to the left or right. I mentioned something similar in my previous post line 6 for all apps.

To replicate:

1. Open Remote Desktop App
  2. Place mouse in upper left corner
  3. Right click when you see the app appear.in the corner.
  4. A context menu will appear: Close, Snap Left, Snap Right.
  5. Click on one of the Snaps and your desktop applications will appear on the side you have chosen. 
It is sort of a fast task menu. I don't understand why this is not an option throughout the Metro UI and easier to get to.I thinks apps should also be on this task list too.

Ignore the classic start menu in the photo.  That's something else not related.
If you have found my answers helpful or correct. Please mark my reply as such. This may help others.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.