Error when installing Windows 8 Release Preview - Your PC's CPU isn't compatible with Windows 8.

when i install the DVD from computer it says “Your PC’s CPU isn’t compatible with Windows 8.” But i have windows 8 consumer preview in my computer and win7 also and directx11
but when i put the disk into rom and restart computer then press and key to boot from cd/dvd then only "windows" come on the schreen then it good a error comes and computer will restart help me what to do
Answer
Answer
What is PAE, NX, and SSE2 and why does my PC need to support them to run Windows 8 Release Preview?

Physical Address Extension (PAE), NX processor bit (NX), and Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2) refer to features of the processor. PAE enables 32-bit processors to access more than 4 GB of physical memory on capable versions of Windows and is a prerequisite for NX. NX allows the processor to help guard the PC from attacks by malicious software. SSE2 (a standard on processors for a long time) is an instruction set that is increasingly used by third-party applications and drivers. For Windows 8, we require that your processor support NX for security reasons to ensure that malware defense features work reliably. To enhance the reliability of third-party applications and drivers running in Windows 8, SSE2 is also required. If your PC does not support PAE, NX, and SSE2 you won’t be able to install Windows 8 Release Preview.

Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Best,
Andre
Windows Insider MVP
MVP-Windows and Devices for IT
twitter/adacosta
groovypost.com

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated September 21, 2013 Views 205 Applies to: