Brand new Toshiba laptop pre installed with windows 8, Window update has never run successfully.
After several days looking at and trying existing community querys/solutions I am still stuck .
- sfc/scannow suggestion indicated no problems
- I have tried the windows update trouble shooter .. it runs "fixes 2items" however still get 8024a000
- tried disabling AV (mcafertee)
- Lowered IE security to minimal / enabled pop ups & cookies.
- tried clean boot sugestions disabling start-up items and services . still fails.
- Unwilling to run any so called registry cleanup options as not sure what is really happening with these and not
confident they relate to windows 8.
All I really want to do is install my printer, however apparently the only way to get the relevant driver (according
to Brother) is via windows a update .. catch 22
Any further assistance/sugestions would be appreciated.