Windows Update tile, desktop, tray or any kind of [useful] notification?
Carlos J. S. A. asked on
How do I enable Windows Update desktop notifications or a tile or something? There HAS to be a way. For Christ sake... If "Check for updates but let me choose..." option is selected, there is no alert if an update is available!
- It doesn't show you if there are new updates unless you check manually through Windows Update (no, I don't want it to "Install updates automatically").
- You loose important updates.
- You don't know if the computer has to be restarted.
- Unless I open the sign-in screen, I don't see updates at all. And since I use fingerprint reader, usually I won't see the sign-in screen!
- What I mean with tile is a "Live" tile. Or a desktop notification. Or a tray. Or a fliying monkey coming out of my USB port! Whatever that actually alerts the user that attention is required.
4 people had this question