Windows 8 update problems,Error code 8024a000

I need help on getting this problem fixed. It wont update and since it wont update it wont let me install windows 8.1. I tried the windows fix it and it fixed a couple of things but not the error. Thanks!
|

Hi,

-          Which update are you referring to?

Let us follow these methods:

Method 1.

Disable your security software temporarily and try to update and check the status.

Note: Antivirus software can help protect the computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you should not disable the antivirus software. If you do have to temporarily disable it to install other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you are connected to the Internet or a network during the time the antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Method 2.

Boot the computer in a clean boot state and check the status. A clean boot helps to verify if any third party application service or startup item is causing this issue.

How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7, Windows 8:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After you have finished troubleshooting, follow steps under “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot” in the article to boot to normal startup.

Method 3.

Let us stop and start these services and check if this helps.

Step1.

Stop these services:

Press Windows key + R to open the run window.

Type “services.msc” and hit enter to open the services window.

We need to stop these three services. Once this is done restart the computer.

• Right click on “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” service and select stop.
  • Right click on “Cryptographic” service and select stop.
  • Right click on “Windows Update” service and select stop.

Step2.

Press Windows key + R to open the run window.

Type “services.msc” and hit enter to open the services window.

We need to start these three services.

• Right click on “Background Intelligent Transfer Service” service and select start.
  • Right click on “Cryptographic” service and select start.

·         Right click on “Windows Update” service and select start.

Once this is done check the update status.

Method 4.

System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Refer to these steps to perform a SFC scan:

a) Press Windows key + X, select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated command prompt

b) In the command prompt type the following command: sfc/scannow and press enter

c) After the scan, restart the computer and check if this helps.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I had this problem with my new windows 8.1 which was already installed in my new Hp computer.

I tried Method 3 without any success.  I than tried Method 1 and it worked!  I was able to run Windows Update when I disabled my Kaspersky Security.

My question now is, in order to update my Windows 8.1 do I always have to disable my security?

Thanks!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Glad to know you were able to fix the issue. Your efforts to work on this issue is very much appreciated.

If disabling the security software has helped you to install the update that means that there are some settings in the security software which  needs to be adjusted so that you do not disable the security software every time for the update to be installed.

To know more about the security settings, you have to contact the security software support.

Feel free to post your query here on Windows Forums, we would be happy to assist you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 11, 2020 Views 2,066 Applies to: