Windows 8 - Stuck at 13%

Dear All,

I had a certain update install on my computer which was more than a 100MB , but unfortunately the update wont install and to make matters worse the computer enters into this dead lock at 13% and goes into a loop of approximately 3 times before the laptop gives up and rolls back changes and starts up.

Would someone please help me with this ,

Thanks
Ori

Hey IcyOrion

Have a  look at this link here some have had success uninstalling their audio drivers and then running their updates.

Troubleshoot issues installing KB2756872

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi I am having real trouble with this issue. Bought a brand new HP laptop three weeks ago and it is still getting stuck at 13%. I have looked at the troubleshooting advice for KB2756872 but I have absolutely no idea what it means. Step by step how do I uninstall my sound card driver and step by step how do I install KB2756872. 

This is very frustrating because I can't understand why this brand new version of Windows is causing so much trouble. Was it not tested or is this HP's issue.

Thanks for your help. I am tempted to return this laptop but if this is an issue with Windows then there seems little point but it is beyond ridiculous that it takes an hour each time to access my laptop. I'm afraid I am not technically minded so would need step by step instructions.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello RHasty,

There is also a HP article that has essentially the same information. It has good screenshots in the article. Click here to review the HP article.

Since you have a brand new HP Laptop, they should offer warranty support for any issues.
http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/support-drivers.html

You can also post in the HP communities forums.
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

Please reply back and let us know if this information helps.

Sincerely,

Marilyn

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm in the same boat except I'm using a Lenovo.  PC just rebooted in the middle of surfing the web and started installing updates.  I didn't think too much of it until it just stopped at 13% for a few hours and kept restarting.  

When it finally did revert the changes, it rebooted again and started "repairing and diagnosing my disc drives".  It boots up and every single icon on my desktop is a generic file icon (white piece of paper).  Even the files on my external drive (primary backup).  I disconnect my external and all my files are corrupted.  PC reboots again and now it tells me that it cannot repair.  Restarts again and it just shows a blank page with a blue Windows logo and some dots spinning around.  

So in essence, my entire external backup was destroyed as well as my all the files on my hard drive.  I can't even access the BIOS or safe mode.  MS technicians said they'd escalate it and call me back... no call.

It appears to be more than an issue with the sound drivers or Nvidia drivers at this point.  To have any update on an operating system that completely destroys an external device and the installation is inexcusable.  To have MS just throw up its hands is even worse.

Needless to say, I'm quite upset. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 24, 2018 Views 568 Applies to: