windows 8 laptop keeps going to blank screen.

windows 8 laptop keeps going to blank screen. I close lid and sometimes it returns me to the page I was on.  Sometimes not.  All started after updates where I received two error messages ..80070003 and 8024A000.  Can any one help.  Happens quite frequently

Question Info

Last updated July 21, 2018 Views 1,043 Applies to:
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No I bought the computer brand new with Windows eight installed.  It is a Sony Vaio.  No touchscreen though. 

As long as I'm touching something on the keyboard it doesn't go off.  But if I sit for less than 3 minutes without touching it...it goes off or to a blue screen.  I close the lid or hit the on/off button and I am instantly retruned to my original screen.  Just where I left off.

Sorry this didn't help.

Please answer each of the following [admittedly tedious] diagnostic questions in a correspondingly-numbered list in your very next reply, preferably without quoting this post:

1. When (approx. date) did you purchase the brand-new computer?

2. Is it a 64-bit or 32-bit computer? See...

• Is my PC running the 32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows?
      http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/find-out-32-or-64-bit

3a. What is the full name of your currenty-installed third-party anti-virus application or security suite (if any) and when (approx. date) does your current subscription expire?

3b. What third-party anti-spyware applications (i.e., not Windows Defender!) are installed, if any? What third-party firewall, if any?

4. Has a(nother) Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it? [Note: This includes Norton or McAfee "freebies" offered by your ISP; e.g., Norton Security Suite; McAfee Security Center.]

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [pick one] come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it? (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

6. Are ALL of the following updates listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [1]

(a) KB2817183, KB2813170, KB2808735, KB2781197 & KB2833510;
    (b) KB2807986; KB2797052, KB2790655, KB2789650 & KB2789649.

7a. Is IE10 Metro and IE10 Desktop working OK?

7b. Is Firefox, Chrome or any other alternate browser installed?

8. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner Registry Cleaner)?

=======================================================
[1] Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Sorry this didn't help.