• July 17, 2017
    Announcement: New site design for Microsoft Community

In July, Microsoft will roll out the first of ongoing site improvements aimed to modernize Microsoft Community and help customers get the most out of their community experience.

• During the roll out period, you may see the old or new site design depending on your location

• We expect the roll out to finish by 31 July

Note: Past private message conversations will not move to the new site design. Please save any private messages you would like to keep.

Learn more about the upcoming site improvements in this thread.

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community!

Question

I Cannot Install Windows Update KB2770917

Khairudin_Khairudin asked on

Hi,

Today my windows update informs me that some updates were available to download+install. When Windows Update finished installing KB2770917 and restarting my laptops, i can see that the KB2770917 is failed to install. When it reaches 15%, the process stopped and then "reverting changes". I tried to look at the update's status in Update History section, it said that the update were failed.

Then i comeback to Windows Update to check whether there's a new updates available, and the KB2770917 (142 Mbytes) were always back in, as it never been downloaded before. Need help.

27 people had this question

Abuse history

The answered status icon Answer
tlee8au replied on

Thinkpad T430
I used msconfig  to uncheck all non-Microsoft services and restart, then run downloaded KB2770917 file manually.  The update was succesful and I restarted the PC with all services checked.
18 people found this helpful

Abuse history

progress