how to do Windows 8 update using command line -Windows Update Error- System restarting- help requiered

I was updating my windows 8 and it got restarted due to power cut now its just getting restarted and not completing update what should I do ? Although I have a solution I think if I update it using command line it would start working fine what should I do for that

Question Info

Last updated June 23, 2019 Views 5,508 Applies to:

Hi Manish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand from the issue description that you are not able to boot to desktop and it restarts.

We need some more information to assist you in a better way.

1.      Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the error message or error code?

2.      Do you have Windows 8 recovery disc?

3.      What are the specs of your computer?

4.      Are you able to boot to desktop?

I would suggest you to try removing all the external devices connected to the laptop and insert the Windows 8 disc and perform the methods below as these might help us in resolving the issue.

Method 1: Perform Automatic repair.

a.       Boot into the Windows 8 disc.

b. Once selecting your language, time and keyboard settings, click Next to load the next window, then click on the Repair your computer link on the bottom left corner of the window.

c. You should then be presented with a Choose an Option screen, with Troubleshoot as an option to select.

d. In the Troubleshoot screen, select advanced options.

e. Select Automatic Repair from the advanced options screen and then select the target operating system to repair, which would be Windows 8 in this case.

Method 2: If you have not done system restore, please restore the computer to the date when the computer was working fine.

a.       Boot into the Windows 8 disc.

b. Once selecting your language, time and keyboard settings, click Next to load the next window, then click on the Repair your computer link on the bottom left corner of the window.
    c. You should then be presented with a Choose an Option screen, with Troubleshoot as an option to select.

d. In the Troubleshoot screen, select advanced options.

e. Select Restore and follow the onscreen prompt.

Hope this helps. Please get back to us with more information if the issue persists, or if you have any queries related to Windows. We are here to assist you.

Niyamath H Mohammed
Microsoft Community.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for you prompt reply
I have tried system restore it dose not solve my problem
My Machine shows me staring of windows update completed 35% and then give error that update suspenseful restarting machine do not plug out or shut down machine forcefully (not exact words but similar). I have not created windows backup disk and now I am stuck with this. Is it possible for me to download windows 8 disk using my credentials once again. If yes how to do it. I need to solve this by the end of the day Tuesday coming week.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.