Error in Windows 8 Update "Failure Configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer"

When I tried to update my PC it showed an error after rebooting, "Failure Configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not
turn off your computer". I tried it again after restarting. Then after reading on some forums I ran Windows Update diagnostic and these are the errors which I got :-

Please Help !

Thanks

Question Info

Last updated January 28, 2018 Views 1,359 Applies to:
Answer
Answer
Hi Rishwajeet,

Are you able to boot to the desktop?

If this issue occurs, it may take about 30 minutes to revert the changes, and then the system will show the Windows logon screen.

I would suggest you to try all the steps which are names as Windows 8 from the following link:

"Failure configuring Windows updates. Reverting changes. Do not turn off your computer" error when you try to install Windows updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949358/en-us

Note: Follow How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot from article KB929135 to reset the computer to normal mode. Also when you perform system restore, you will lose the data and programs that are installed to the date you are performing system restore.

Hope the information helps. If you have any queries related to Windows, please feel free to post. We will be glad to assist you.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.