Can't install Office 2013 updates either through Windows Update or manually

I cannot install 17 updates for Office 2013, each dated 2/12/2013, through Windows Update or manually. 

I keep getting an error message "Code 80070643" when trying to install these updates via Windows Update. I have run the troubleshooting steps for Windows Update, including the FixIt diagnostics and the .Net framework fix, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office 365 Home Premium, tried a clean boot installation, and I downloaded two of the files to install manually, and those attempts also failed. The latter outcome tells me that it's an Office problem and not a Windows Update problem, but given all that I've tried, I don't know what to try next.

Question Info

Last updated June 14, 2019 Views 15,290 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi Rmiller,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community and thanks for giving us an opportunity to assist you.

As per the description, you are facing issues with .Net Framework update and receiving error code 80070643.

I would suggest you to follow all the steps from the article mentioned below and check:

You receive error code 0x80070643 or error code 0x643 when you use the Windows Update or Microsoft Update Web sites to install updates

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958052

Hope this information helps. For any further Windows related assistance, feel free to contact us and we will be happy to help.

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.