cannot install Update for Windows 8 (KB2795944);

have win 8 pro.  cannot install Update for Windows 8 (KB2795944); get error code 80070057 & click  "get help with this problem" reports "no info found".  update includes mod for server 2012.   I have 2003, is that a problem?

Did you upgrade to Win8 or...?

Was Win8 Consumer Preview and/or Win8 Release Preview ever installed?

PS: KB2795944 is an Optional, non-security update (yes, even though it's classified as an Important update). Feel free to hide it & move on with your life.

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for your response.  I finally got a call from Windows tech support & he (& several others) could not fix, except reloading win8 pro. that fixed the problem, but created another (can't download & install driver updates from reliable sources.  See my latest post 3.20.13.  Big problem here!

tnx muchly...genebates1

gb

Sorry this didn't help.

TNX PA Bear MS MVP!  Sorry for the split response. Yes, I installed both pre-releases and the purchessed  (sp) the option for win8 pro from windows when offered.  In each case I performed a clean installation & lost all other apps   gb
gb

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response.  I finally got a call from Windows tech support & he (& several others) could not fix, except reloading win8 pro. that fixed the problem, but created another (can't download & install driver updates from reliable sources.

1. Did you (or the support tech) do a Refresh or a Reset?  See http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

When I download divers from reliable sources, I get a blank icon & pc wont allow me to save & asks for another app to open. I seem to recall a setting "don't allow driver downloads", but can't remember where. Run option not shown, only "open & save". Also not presented with " run as administrator" option. I mostly use "BIOAGENT PLUS OR DRIVER AGENT", both e-Systems products: no other source of driver downloads works & neither IE, FIREFOX, NOR CHROME MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated. Middle of my 3rd week trying to resolve.

ps. After 2 hrs with Norton support without help, I dumped Norton 360 Premier but no help, nor when I reinstalled it. [SOURCE]

2. When (approx. date) was Norton 360 originally/first installed & when (exact date, preferably) does your current subscription expire?

3. Did you uninstall Norton 360 AND THEN download/run the Norton Removal Tool & reboot? [1]

4. Has any other Norton application or a McAfee application EVER been installed on the computer since you bought it?

5. Did a Norton free-trial or a McAfee free-trial [PICK ONE] come preinstalled on the Win7 computer when you bought it?  (Doesn't matter if you never used or Activated it.)

6. Are KB2809289, KB2781197, KB2797052, KB2778344, KB2790655, KB2789650, KB2789649 & KB2824670 all listed in Installed Updates (not Update History)? [2]

7. Are you in the habit of using "Registry cleaners" (e.g., Registry Mechanic; System Mechanic; RegCure; RegClean Pro; Advanced SystemCare; Registry Booster; McAfee QuickClean; AVG PC TuneUp; Norton Registry Cleaner or Norton PC Tuneup; PCTools Optimiser; SpeedUpMyPC; PC Doctor; TuneUp Utilities; WinMaximizer; WinSweeper; Comodo System Cleaner; Advanced System Optimizer; CCleaner Registry Cleaner)?

=======================================================
[1] Norton (and McAfee) applications are notorious for not uninstalling or upgrading cleanly!

[2] Control Panel | Programs and Features | View installed updates (in left-hand menu)

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
Microsoft MVP (Windows Client) since October 2002

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

See it this helps also to your issue:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-windows_update/my-problem-was-with-the-most-recent-update/8753aee6-cea8-48f0-8e7a-2d70c97e281f

Br,

tlindi

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 31, 2019 Views 670 Applies to: