windows 8 pro store not working

My Dell Latitude 10 Tablet is giving me a message that states: we were unable to connect to the store.  This might have happened due to a server problem or a network connection that has times out.  Please wait a few minutes and try again. 

There is nothing wrong with my network connection.  My iPad and Android Tablets are working well on my network.  Very disappointing!

|

Hi John,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community Forums. We are here to assist you with all your Windows related issues.

You are unable to connect to the Windows 8 Store App on your Dell Latitude 10 Tablet and it gives an error message: “We were unable to connect to the store.  This might have happened due to a server problem or a network connection that has times out.  Please wait a few minutes and try again”. It will be really frustrating, if things are not working as they should be.

I really appreciate the patience that you have shown. Let’s work together and fix this issue. I would appreciate if you can provide me with some information.

1.       Is this issue specific to the Windows Store App? Are all the other apps working fine?

2.       Do you use any proxy setting on your computer to connect to the Internet?

3.       Do you have any third party security program installed on your computer?

4.       Have you made any recent changes on the computer prior to this issue?

I would suggest you to follow these troubleshooting methods and let’s know if that resolves the issue. This issue might be due to some issues with the Store App or it might be due to some settings in the computer. This might also happen if you have any third party security program on the computer and if it blocking the Store App from accessing the Internet.

Method 1: Run the Apps Troubleshooter

Let’s first run the Apps Troubleshooter and check if that helps. The Apps Troubleshooter is an automated tool which we have developed to address a number of known issues that can prevent the Apps from running properly. This troubleshooter automatically fixes some issues, including suboptimal screen resolution, incorrect security or account settings etc.

You can click on this link to download and run the Apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

If this does not help, then you may check if the system date and time on your Tablet PC. If it shows incorrect date and time, then we need to make sure that we need to set them correctly. For that, try the next method:

Method 2: Set the correct system date and time:

a)        Press “Windows Logo” + “W” keys on the keyboard to open the “Settings” search bar.

b)       Type “date and time” (without quotes) in the search box.

c)       Select “Date and Time”.

d)       Now, click on “Internet time” tab and then select “Change Settings”.

e)       Click on “Update now”.

If you are using the proxy settings to connect to the Internet, then I would suggest you to follow the next method and check the issue.

Method 3: Disable the Proxy Settings.

If you are connected to the Internet using the proxy settings, then the Windows 8 Apps cannot connect to the Internet and thus they do not work properly as expected. So, we need to check and disable the proxy settings in the computer.

Follow these steps to disable the proxy settings and check if it helps.

a)       Press “Windows Logo” + “R”, type “inetcpl.cpl” and press “Enter”.

b)       Click the “Connections” tab, and then click “LAN settings”.

c)       Uncheck the “Use a proxy server for your LAN” check box.

d)       Click “Ok”.

You may also try clearing the Store cache and check if that fixes the issue.

Method 4: Clear the Store cache

You may try to clear the cache for the Store and check if it helps:

a)       Press the “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.

b)       Type “WSReset.exe” and press “Enter”.

c)       Reboot the computer and then check the issues with the Apps.

Hope this resolves the issue. Do get back to us and let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Regards,
Rajesh Govind - Microsoft Support Engineer

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

These are the same steps Microsoft has been recommending for months but they do not solve the problem!!

Microsoft, please develop a solution for this issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

my laptop is connected to internet but when i open the store its showing that "your PC isnt connected to internet" . its happening from a quite long period . i cant find a soln. . I think the cause of this problem is  my  expired license key of windows 8 pro. but i m not sure so i just want u to solve this problem of mine.

Regards

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated July 27, 2021 Views 1,166 Applies to: