Windows 8 Metro apps won't open.

I recently got an ASUS x401a notebook with windows 8 pre-installed. I've had the notebook for over a month and have had no problems. But recently the start screen metro apps have began to stop working. I will start an app, the icon of the app will come up and then the icon will move to the top left corner of the screen along with the loading symbol. It will generally stay like that for a while before eventually closing down. other apps will be a plane white screen and then close as well. The first app to work incorrectly was the windows store with the icon moving to the top left of the screen. These problems occurred after shutting down the notebook and it began to install 10 updates while shutting down. Also before that the security software (McAfee) that came pre-installed with the notebook had expired so I removed it. Since removing the software and installing the updates nothing has worked correctly. certain things cannot be clicked on in websites using the desktop version of internet explorer. Because of that I have had to write this using my desktop pc which seems to be working fine and also did not receive those last ten updates, at least I don't believe it has and it has windows 8 as well. Sorry for the long explanation but I would really like to have this fixed. Please help as soon as possible.

Add on - 6/9/13: I apologize for not writing this sooner, but I found my problem to be McAfee Antivirus. The notebook I purchased had a trial version installed, when the trial was over I had no use of it anymore, I realized my problems had occurred after I had uninstalled McAfee. The result of uninstallation had caused an important .dll file to be removed along with the application, once I re-installed McAfee and purchased service, my problem ceased to exist. Thanks to all who posted in order to help find a solution, I am sorry I did not post this sooner

Answer
Answer

Hi Jorge,

Please select your language by clicking the English icon on the lower left to post your question in the language of your choice as presented). The forum you posted in is for English only.

If you wish to use a different language that isn’t in the listing mentioned above, support options for additional international locations can be found by following the link below:

http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Thanks

John Rubdy
Forum Moderator | Microsoft Community

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated July 31, 2018 Views 20,359 Applies to: