windows 8 games not connecting to xbox profile

Hi, I am trying to play the games that I had on my old computer on my new one. I even bought some new ones to test this out and they don't work either. The password and account are fine since I'm logged in to MS no problem and xbox.

This is the message when I load one of the games up.

"To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.  Go to the Windows Store, select Settings, Accounts and Preferences, then sign in with the purchasing account.  If this doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the app at the Windows Store."

Can someone give me some help on this. I saw other posts with a similar problem and you recommended to check the region and location. All that is ok and set to US, English.

Thanks for the help.

EDIT: I have spent two days dealing with MS tech support and no luck yet. Started at level 1 then level 2. Verified everything was correct at Xbox support. Account is all verified as correct. They are to call me tomorrow to spend another few others on this. Will update once a solution is found or not.

We tried a system refresh. Nope. I went ahead and wiped the hard drive and reinstalled windows. First thing I did was install a game. Same error. Not sure what else they are going to try, but this is getting ridiculous. I even bought new games with my account and once they were installed I got the error listed above. MS should give me credit towards all purchases since I can only use them on my MS surface but not my desktop.

EDIT2: MS still doesn't know what's wrong. Loaded my profile on a laptop with W8 and games worked no problem. Second level tech is inspecting my event log currently.

Final EDIT: MS never did figure out the problem and eventually determined it must be a bad copy of Windows installed so they had me install a new version of Windows 8 and that got it working. New disc and new install. So no answer on how to resolve this besides trying a new copy of Windows 8.

Hi,

Which games are displaying this error?

This issue could be caused due to some incorrect settings. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to open the Windows store app and check if you are signed into the store using your Microsoft account. If not, please sign in and check. If you have already signed in, then open the game app, press Windows key+ C, select settings and then check if you have an “Account” option. Some apps need you sign in to the app separately. If this is the case, sign in with your Microsoft account and check.

Method 1: App troubleshooter

The Apps troubleshooter can detect and fix most of the incorrect settings that could cause such issues. You can download the troubleshooter from here:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/p/?LinkId=268423

Method 2: Reset store cache

If the issue still persists, it is possible that due to some incorrect setting the apps are not recognizing the Microsoft account that you have signed into the store with. In this case, I would suggest you to rest the store cache and then sign in once again and check. Refer to these steps:

1. Press Windows key +R, type WSReset and press enter
  2. Check if it takes you to a store page which displays that the cache has been reset
  3. Now try open the app and check.

Method 3:

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to try the steps mentioned in the section “reinstall the app” in this article and check:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Try these steps and let us know the results. We’d be happy to help if you need any further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried all three steps.

No luck. I spent three hours working with MS answer desk with them controlling my PC checking everything yesterday and now they have escalated me to stage 2 tech support.  Getting a call tomorrow.

This is happening with every Xbox game where it won't connect to my profile. I even bought two new ones and they asked if they could have permission to access my account. Said yes and still didn't connect.

I have Xbox smartglass installed and it controls my Xbox fine. I can share files with my Xbox fine. My MS Surface RT using the same profile accesses the games no problem.

Any tips or suggestions would be great if it saves me hours with tech support.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I am trying to play the games that I had on my old computer on my new one. I even bought some new ones to test this out and they don't work either. The password and account are fine since I'm logged in to MS no problem and xbox.

This is the message when I load one of the games up.

"To use this app, you need to sign in with the Microsoft account that was used to download it.  Go to the Windows Store, select Settings, Accounts and Preferences, then sign in with the purchasing account.  If this doesn't help, uninstall and reinstall the app at the Windows Store."

Can someone give me some help on this. I saw other posts with a similar problem and you recommended to check the region and location. All that is ok and set to US, English.

Thanks for the help.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem as well, but it is my surface rt games hat are having trouble connecting to my Xbox live account. ever time i try to sign in to play a game it says "A connection to Xbox could not be established. Please check your internet connection and try again." and that always happens when i try to allow it permission to update and change my account info. I also receive and error code from the game Wordament which is 0x82bc0008. What does it mean, please help. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same issues.

To resolve them I went into Date/Time, double-check your time zone is correct, then go to Internet Time tab and set that, or unset then re-set it and you should be fine.

Good luck.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having the same problem as well, but it is my surface rt games hat are having trouble connecting to my Xbox live account. ever time i try to sign in to play a game it says "A connection to Xbox could not be established. Please check your internet connection and try again." and that always happens when i try to allow it permission to update and change my account info. I also receive and error code from the game Wordament which is 0x82bc0008. What does it mean, please help. 

I am having the same error message. I have already tried the date/time trick but it didn't work.

I was signed in but then I created another user with a different ms account and now mine won't sign in i reckon that's why maybe. 

"Bagginses stole my precious"

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 15, 2020 Views 937 Applies to: