Windows 8 Games App is missing.

I have a Windows 8 laptop, and for some reason, my Games app has disappeared from my Start menu.  When I go to All Apps adn try to search for it, I still can't find it.  Windows Store says it's already installed.  Prior to it disappearing, I had been trying to update it, but it gave me that Error Code 0x8024001E.  Please help
Answer
Answer

Hidayat Khan2209,

I would appreciate if you could help me with more information.

-Is this issue specific to any game app?

The app might have removed accidently or due to some other issues. When you visit the Windows store app and search for the app, it will show that the app is already installed in the app description page, and will not show the ‘Install’ option.

If you are able to click on install option it could mean that the app was removed from you PC. If it shows pending when you tried to install, it could be due to some corrupt app files that were left over by that app that could be causing the issue. It could also be due to a connection issue. I would suggest you to try these steps and check:

First, I would suggest you to try installing other apps and check if they also go to pending status. This is to check if the issue is caused due to connection issue. If you are able to install other apps successfully, then the issue could be caused due to some corrupt app files.

In this case, I would suggest you to reset the Windows store cache and then try installing the apps and check. Refer to these steps to reset the Windows store cache:

1. Press Windows key +R,      type WSReset and press enter
  2. Check if it takes you      to a store page which displays that the cache has been reset
  3. Now try to install the      app and check.

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Regards,
Anil

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 12, 2020 Views 1,437 Applies to: