windows 8 apps store not working

I cannot connect to the window 8 app store. I get a error message of server down or connection lost. I just bought my new laptop, it is fresh out of the box. The custom install apps work but they all need to be updated, which I can't do because the app store isn't working. I have tried going threw internet explore @ Microsoft.com and still can't get to the store.

Question Info

Last updated July 24, 2019 Views 25,052 Applies to:
Answer
Answer

Hi,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community forum.

Based on the above description, it appears that you’re unable to connect windows store.

Please provide us the answers to the following questions to help you troubleshoot the issue better.

1.       What is the complete error message are you getting?

2.       Were there any recent changes made to the computer prior to the issue?

Please go ahead and follow the methods mentioned and later update us on the status of the issue.

Method 1: What to do if you have problems with an app: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-troubleshoot-problems-app

Method 2: I would suggest you to perform System File to fix the corrupted system file and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Press “Windows Key + C” to open Charms Bar.

b. Type “cmd” without quotes in the search box.

c. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

d. Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

Method 3: Reset Store Cache

a. Press Windows key + Q.

b. In the Search box type WSReset.exe and hit enter.

That should reset your cache for the store.

Additional information: Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/why-find-install-app-windows-store

For any Windows related issues please feel free to contact us or let us know and we will be glad to help.

8 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.